We’re looking for amazing people! Come join VHDA as an Instructional Designer. This important role will design, develop, maintain, and update synchronous and asynchronous learning content for VHDA that is engaging, creative and interactive. This position will create content that is aligned with VHDA’s strategic goals, business unit plans and individual performance objectives.
Responsibilities will include:
• Consult with internal customers and external business partners to:
· Conduct a business and performance analysis with VHDA’s clients, perform a needs analysis and help clients select the appropriate solution.
· Build, manage and sustain rapport with multiple clients. Interact with clients to design custom, client-driven eLearning content.
· Conduct instructional analysis to clearly identify business goals, target audiences, knowledge and performance gaps, and logistical delivery issues.
• Design and Development:
· Develop learning solutions to meet the needs identified. Learning should be designed for online and classroom use.
· Use project management tools and techniques to contract, engage and manage work.
· Create storyboards, write scripts, and direct high quality, polished, creative, and visually attractive learning materials.
· Generate instructional, technical and creative writing content.
· Participate in review, testing and quality assurance for various phases of content development and implementation.
· Support the learning beyond content development by creating job aids and other resources.
· Demonstrate group facilitation skills to provide basic training for end users to facilitate understanding and use of learning tools.
· Conduct evaluations for work products to assess satisfaction and effectiveness of solutions.
· Track and report on projects to include information on mitigation of risks.
· Maintain a high level of instructional design knowledge and monitor ongoing developments in the field of learning technology.
Qualified candidates must have significant experience working with e-learning, blended learning programs, asynchronous learning content, and their best instructional uses. Experience authoring advanced courses using Articulate Storyline 2 or Articulate 360. Understanding of adult learning methodologies, theory, and their use in content development.
Preferred experience includes:
· Project management experience (formal or informal)
· Experience in video software such as Camtasia or PowToon or other equivalent products.
· Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as Photoshop, Illustrator and other Adobe Creative Cloud software.
· Three+ years of eLearning instructional design experience.
· Three+ years of experience designing, developing, and delivering multi-disciplinary training programs.
· Experience with graphic design or video editing tools.
· Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent industry experience or certification, preferred.
· Advanced degree in Adult Education or Instructional Technology, preferred.
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.vhda.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
© Greater Richmond ATD