Leading Through Complexity:
Seeing Through All 7 Lenses
Increasing complexity is driving the need for better leadership thinking. It’s not just knowledge we need - it’s also insight, putting things into perspective in a meaningful way. Since today’s issues are complex, we will need a way of thinking about them that helps us see the richness of the full picture.
In this interactive session, Leading in Context CEO Linda Fisher Thornton will share the 7 Lenses Model of Ethical Leadership introduced in her book 7 Lenses: Learning the Principles and Practices of Ethical Leadership.
Linda has been in the leadership development field for over 25 years and is an Adjunct Associate Professor for the University of Richmond SPCS. Her book is currently used to develop leaders on several continents and is required reading at prominent universities. She will share insights from her recent work that takes our understanding of “good leadership” to a higher level of complexity.
• A broader understanding of the scope of ethical leadership
• A model for “seeing” 7 ethical dimensions of any situation
• Leadership development insights for helping leaders dealing with complexity
• A chance to take home a copy of 7 Lenses (via drawing)
Discussion Topics Include:
• Why don’t we agree on one definition of ethical leadership?
• The need for a higher level understanding of leadership
• “Seeing” in multiple dimensions helps us make better choices
• The 7 Lenses of Ethical Responsibility
• Intro to the Four Quadrants and 14 Guiding Principles of Ethical Leadership
• Insights into developing ethical leaders (who can handle complexity)
• Implications for talent development
About the Speaker:
Linda Fisher Thornton is Founder and CEO of Leading in Context LLC and a former Senior Vice President and bank Chief Learning Officer. She is the author of the award-winning leadership book 7 Lenses and is on a mission to bring out the best in leaders, organizations and communities through proactive ethical leadership. Her work is shared by organizations including The International Leadership Association, ATD, EBSCO and Skillsoft, and by global channels including the Wall Street Journal, Globe and Mail, BBC Capital, Entrepreneur Magazine, HR Professional and AlphaGamma.eu. EBSCO recently added 7 Lenses to its summaries of “today’s best business books.” Linda lives in Richmond, Virginia with her husband and two children. Her website is LeadinginContext.com.